Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pictures

I am currently working on a family history book for the Eterovic side of my husband's family.  We have sent letters to family members and are in the process of collecting photographs.  After the first letter requesting stories and photos, we had only a small response, but I have recently sent out an email reminder and people are beginning to respond (lesson: it takes more than one request to get people's attention, especially with everyone so busy these days). So in the past few days, I've been getting many emails with attached photos and just a few days ago my husband's cousin began putting up family photos on Shutterfly. The above picture is the oldest one I have.  It is of my husband's great grandmother Antonia Mladinich and was probably taken sometime between 1900 and 1910.  The two men were not in the original picture and were put in the frame, probably by my husband's grandmother.  (A primitive form of photoshop.)

The Shutterfly site contains wedding pictures of a number of people and some are incredible and gorgeous reflections of the times.  For example: 


I am so excited to see all these photos.  Some have damage from age, but I'm hoping to have them restored and printed in the book so they can be viewed and appreciated for generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment