Saturday, August 4, 2012

Double Excitement

Two things converge in the next two weeks week: the beginning and ending of two projects and experiences.  My husband and I leave for Ireland on Wednesday and will meet some distant Irish cousins for the first time.  This will hopefully be the beginning of a relationship with my Irish cousins, and a good start to the Brennan family history I want to write.

At the same time, my husband and I are ending a project on his family.   The Eterovich-Yeseta family history book is being completed at a printer here in the United States. 

We will be in Ireland for two weeks and one of the highlights of the trip will be a visit to Aghaobe Abbey and a celebration with my new cousins.  The Abbey is a ruin of a 6th century building, rebuilt in about the 11th century, with only its walls standing. 


There will be a Mass celebrated, and then a gathering at the home of one of my cousins with whom I have been corresponding for several years.

When we return, we will hopefully be greeted by a box containing the family history books which we will then distribute to my husband's relatives.  It is so exciting to be concluding a two year long project, which we hope will bring much joy to my husband's family.  

I hope to have much more to blog about in the coming weeks.  For now, here's the cover of the book. 




No comments:

Post a Comment