Monday, January 14, 2013

Family Reunions

The deficit in posts recently has been due to business - not a loss of interest in genealogy.  In fact, much of the business has to do with genealogy. 

Two family reunions are coming up that I want to mention.  First, on May 4th, the Croatian clan is getting together in Los Angeles.  There will be representatives (hopefully) of six different families:  Eterovich (Terich); Yeseta; Domancich; Ozurovich; Bezmalinovich; and Gavran.  Interestingly, there is at least one member, and sometimes more, of each family that married someone in at least one of the other families.  So at the reunion, most everyone will be related to everyone else either by birth or by marriage. We should have a good turnout and a lot of fun.  I hope to post a lot of pictures afterwards and will keep you informed of the plans.

The second reunion will be more informal and will not occur on just one day.  My husband and I will be traveling to Michigan and Ohio in mid-May and will visit with relatives on both sides of my family.  While the main reason for the visit will be to reconnect with people I haven't seen in 30 years, I will also take advantage of the visit to spend a little time on genealogy.  There are libraries that have crucial collections to study my family's ancestry, and of course there are relatives with lots of knowledge of the family. 

So I'm looking forward to lots of fun and lots of genealogy discoveries in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment