Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Progress

Time to report on progress on the Brennan Family History Book. 

I have sent out numerous letters and received many responses.

I have spoken to about a dozen or more second and third cousins, and first cousins once removed, and have nearly completed each family tree.  In other words, I have nearly all the names of the descendants of Ned and Mary Brennan, whose first child was born in 1861.  Considering that I started with about 10 percent of what I have now, that represents a lot of effort.

The book is divided into several sections; six of those sections are reports on the six children of Ned and Mary and their descendants.  All I am missing are a few dates.

I decided a couple of months ago that in addition to reporting on names and dates, I wanted to include states of residence and occupations.  I still have a few more families for which I need that data, but I am getting close. 

I have also gathered quite a collection of vintage photographs to include in the book. 

I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I won't share all the other things I've put in the book, but I think everyone will be pleased. 

So I have a few more nagging phone calls to make and emails to send, but I'm hoping to have everything ready to go within a few weeks.  Then I'll need to prepare the word document for the printer by putting it into a design program, find a printer, and finally send it off to be professionally printed.

So it's still probably a few months off, but I am starting to get excited to see the finished product.  I hope everyone else in the family is too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment