Monday, April 17, 2017

British Isles - Here We Come!

For eight years, I have been immersed in genealogy - finding ancestors in Germany, Ireland, England and Belgium.  I have also found ancestors of my husband - in Croatia, England, Ireland, and Switzerland.  As part of those searches, we have engaged in travel to several countries.  We have also traveled just for the fun of it.  We have been on trips to Ireland, France, Belgium, the Mediterranean, Italy and Croatia.  Now we are headed to England and Scotland, preceded by four days in Dublin. We leave on April 24 and we are quite excited.  I will be posting from the various cities we will be visiting: Dublin, Edinburgh, York, Chipping Campden, Stratford Upon Avon, Bath, Canterbury and London.  Although this trip will not involve any genealogy, we will be visiting one distant cousin in Ireland.  And it will be fun to visit places where my English ancestors and my husband's once lived.  Hope you enjoy the travelogue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment