Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Book is Finished

A few days after we returned from Ireland, the completed family history books were delivered. 


After nearly two years of research and writing, it was gratifying to see the finished product. 

The book contains several sections, including sections on the ancestors and descendants of Anton Eterovich (Terich) and Madalena Yeseta, my husband's grandparents.  It also includes sections on their brothers and sisters, and their descendants, complete with pictures.  There is a section on the history of the island of Brac as well as a section on the history of Bohemia, the two places from which the ancestors came.  There is also a section on Croatian immigration and a description  of Los Angeles in 1910, when most of the Croatian ancestors arrived.  In the center of the book are 9 pages of wedding photos spanning a century.  Finally, there is a large section on Croatian recipes. 

After receiving the books, I prepared them for mailing.  Earlier, I had recieved checks from the relatives for the book and postage.  Nearly 40 relatives asked to have the book mailed, so on a Saturday, my husband and I carted 4 boxes of books in padded envelopes into the local Post Office.  Since then, I have heard from a number of relatives who are thrilled with the book.

I have also personally delivered a few of the books and my husband and I will be going to a book signing party this Sunday.  I'm really looking forward to that.

In future posts I will outline how I went about researching, writing and designing the book, for any of you who might be interested in writing a book of your own.   

No comments:

Post a Comment